Saturday, September 29, 2012

BROWN SUGAR BROWNIES!


This is a great recipe I’ve had since I was a child. They’re perfect for a cool autumn day!

Only make a single batch to start with. They don’t make that many, so you may need to bake subsequent batches. I’ve never made a double batch however, so I’m not sure how they’ll turn out!

 Recipe:

¼ cup shortening or vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup all purpose flour (a.k.a. white flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped nuts (I omit the nuts, but you can also use coconut here…if using coconut, decrease vanilla to ½ teaspoon)

Heat oven to 350F.  Mix brown sugar, egg, vanilla, then stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in greased baking pan 8x8x2 inches. Bake for 25 minutes. Cut into 1 ¾ inch squares while warm. Yields about 1 ½ dozen.

 

These are fantastic! After you serve them, keep the rest away from the kids as they will eat them all!!!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home